Thursday, July 26, 2007

Make Image Pop Out of a Picture

In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a section of an image appear to pop out of a picture.



There are several way to do this, but I have found the easiest, for me at least, is this way.

Step 1. Open the image of your choice. Here is the image I will be using.



Step 2. Create a new layer on top of the background layer. You can do this a couple of ways, but the quickest is to click to “new layer” button next to the trash can on your layer pallet.

Step 3. Using the rectangular marquee tool, make a selection on the new layer similar to mine.



Step 4. Fill the selection with white.

Step 5. We need to get rid of the excess white, so go to select -> modify -> contract and contract by 15-30 pixels. I have gone with 30, but my original image is of higher resolution.

Step 6. Deselect the layer by pressing apple + d (apple) or control + d (windows). Then go to edit -> transform -> perspective and move the box as necessary.



Step 7. Select the part of the image that you want to pop out. You can do this several ways. You can either use the magic wand, the pen tool, the extract filet, etc. etc. I think it is easiest to use the magic wand. Once you have it selected, copy and paste it to a new layer as well. Again, you will not notice any change in the picture, but a new layer will appear with your selection. Do not worry if you get some of the image that is in the picture. When you are done, you won’t be able to notice it.

Step 8. Go back to your picture box layer. Using the magic wand, select the outside of the box. Then move back to the background layer and hit delete. Make sure the background layer is unlocked first.



Step 9. Add a new layer and move it to the background and fill it with a light gradient. I did mine with the foreground 00d2ff and the background 0690df.



Step 10. Add some effects to your background to personalize it even more. Here is my final.


5 comments:

xiamenb2c02 said...

Top quality of ecco shoes are developed for discerning customers.Enjoy a great selection of newest style.discount ecco shoes on sale,free shipping,110% price guarantee.Top quality of ecco shoes is your best chooice for daily life and working,sport,and so on.And hot sale now UGG Boots .
Power balance is Performance Technology designed to work with your body’s natural energy flow. Founded by athletes,

Lauraine said...

I have no words for this great post such a awe-some information i got gathered. Thanks to Author.
Formspring Backgrounds
Formspring Backgrounds

0Zero7 said...

I think you should provide a english translation of this site as well, so that others can also read your post and take help from it.
dc locksmith

0Zero7 said...

GOOD and NEW things, just make me feel fresh and energetic. That’s the magic of your articles .
24 hour locksmiths

Unknown said...

I want to return to the past, but impossible. I just know that I will be in the face of cruel future. I think this is I have been very

much like to know things.
wholesale super bowl jerseys paypal
pro bowl jerseys wholesale paypal